I put off writing this for so long, but I think it’s about time.
Dear Me,
There are a lot of things I want you to know.
You are not the prettiest girl in the world . Take that fact , accept it , move on . Someone told you so .You’re not the pretties , but you have your days where you look nice , and on those days you should stop and think , “I look pretty today ,” instead of sighing and giving up . You don’t need to be the most gorgeous person to be a happy person . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . There are people who you are truly beautiful to , and they are the only ones who matter .I want you to learn to say what you want , when you want . I want you to learn to stop being so shy . You can speak up in class , you should say what you’re thinking when you’re in groups . It’s okay to be quiet . It’s okay to think , and listen . But you shouldn’t be scared of speaking up . People who don’t listen , shouldn’t matter .
Don’t worry too much if your parents don’t seem to be proud of you . they love you , they are proud of you , and they just want the best for you , so when you grow up you’ll be a good person . Don’t get mad about the little things they do that annoy you , but it’s okay if you do because you’re just a teenager .
I want you to know that it’s okay to be scared about the future . It’s okay to be lonely . It’s okay to cry and not know why . It’s okay to want to get fucked up , it’s in all of us . It’s okay to be scared and afraid and nervous . It’s okay to be the quiet person . You’ll meet someone who will love everything about you , and who won’t take everything for granted , who will mean everything they say .
I promise you’ll be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment