- heights
- really big spiders and cookcroach
- flying/planes
- rejection
- drowning
- chaos
- catastrophe
- hairy chests
- getting married
- getting divorced
- pregnancy
- burning alive
- getting really lost
- small spaces
- car accidents
- dark alleys
- puking
- having bills I can't pay for
- etc....
But I don't really worry about these fears,
and most of them I face.
I kill cookcroach, I go on planes, I swim, I ask for directions, etc.
Then I wondered why I worry so much and don't face emotional fears.
I think most people generally have some of the same fears I have.
The biggest one is rejection.
That applies to so many things from just meeting a new
person to bringing up an issue in a committed relationship.
I guess it's pretty hard to say your true feelings because
you are unsure if the reaction will be in your favor.
No one wants their feelings to be rejected.
However, so so so so so so many times I've been told
"I never said anything because I assumed you'd say no, you're so intimidating".
My instant reply is "That's so stupid, I liked you! Now I don't!"
but there have been times when something bothered me, and I don't like to complain at all costs so I say nothing and then I hear "Why didn't you tell me?? I wouldn't have cared!"
We all have your insecurities, I've really been watching people let their chances go by lately.
I've realized there's nothing to lose when you say how you feel.
If it's for the first time, do you want to get to know someone who won't give you the time of day anyway?
And if you're telling a significant other, they'll listen and
want you to be happy with them if they love you.
Either way, it's not that scary.
Saying how you feel is nothing to be afraid of,
I think if it turns out badly then that person isn't who you should be emptying your chest on.
I will do ANYTHING to avoid confrontation,
and I don't trust people will my feelings so I have a pretty hard time admitting how I feel.
i'm sorry(:
No comments:
Post a Comment